We're honoring the small businesses that foster community by welcoming families.
At Winnie, we are big believers that children and parents thrive when they have great experiences, together. While it has never been easier to connect with other people online, we believe that when it comes to raising a family there is no substitute for real-life community and real-world experiences.
Now with over 2 million family-friendly places in our directory, we have seen firsthand the essential role that local businesses play in bringing people together. When we talk to the owners and proprietors, we hear one theme over and over again — they care deeply about their community and want to foster that togetherness by welcoming children and families.
Today we are excited to announce the winners of the first ever Winnie Family Favorites Awards. Created to celebrate the hidden gems for families in every community, the Winnie Family Favorites Awards highlights the local businesses that families love most, all across the United States.
Categories included local and national winners for best play destinations, party venues, prenatal and pediatric health care, restaurants, educational experiences, and more. National winners included:
- Best Theme Park: Cedar Point — Sandusky, OH
- Best Seasonal Entertainment: Linvilla Orchards — Media, PA
- Best Restaurant: Bumble — Los Altos, CA
- Best Party Venue: Play Street Museum — Frisco, TX
- Best Outdoor Play: Dennis the Menace Park — Monterey, CA
- Best Children’s Museum: Please Touch Museum — Philadelphia, PA
- Best Public Library: Schaumburg Central Library — Schaumburg, IL
- Best Kids Store: Charlie’s Corner — San Francisco, CA
- Best Indoor Play: Atlanta Rocks! Indoor Climbing Gym — Atlanta, GA
- Best Educational Experience: Gather — Evanston, IL
- Best Child Care: Camp Wildfolk — West Hollywood, CA
- Best Animal Encounter: Houston Zoo — Houston, TX
One on this list I’ve personally visited many times with my family is San Francisco-based Charlie’s Corner, known for their inclusive and lively daily story time events. “We are honored to serve the community and the outside world as well,” shared Charlotte Nagy, owner of Charlie’s Corner. “Our mission is to create a space where kids, caretakers, families can connect with each other using story time as a vehicle to create community.”
A full list of winners can be found at winnie.com/family-favorites. Check it out and support the businesses that won in your city!