7 Weeks Pregnant, First Ultrasound, Yolk Sac Visible but no baby no heartbeat seen
I'm 7 weeks and 6 days pregnant (according to an app) based on my lmp. I had confirmed my pregnancy by 5 hpts and 1 blood test. Today was my first visit with the OB. We did the ultrasound, we saw the uterus and yolk sac but no fetal pole. I asked the doctor if it indicates an ectopic pregnancy and the doctor said that the yolk sac is inside the uterus so that eliminates that. We had to do a blood test today to check if the hormone that the baby makes is there and also another blood test on monday to show an increase because there should be an increase on that. I won't really know the results until Tuesday. The problem is today is Friday and that means I will have the whole weekend to try not to think about it. But you guys know how hard that could be. So I would like to ask or hear anyone who was on the same boat as me... I want to hear all the possible explanation of why we didn't see a baby today. Could my dates be off even though I know when my last period was? I just need some sort of answers now. The doctor said that we just need to wait for the test result as of right now it's 50/50. I could have a baby or I might not have a baby. We'll know more next week. But again, if you had a similar experience, please let me know what happened. Thank you. *Update* It's now Tuesday we got the blood test result. The doctor's office advised me that my hormone levels are rising but did not double up. I was assured that I'm still very pregnant. But they want to make sure if my pregnancy is still viable. I am doing another blood test tomorrow and will hear from them on Thursday for the results. If the numbers are still rising or is good, then they said I will have to come in for another ultrasound. I will try to update this post later. *update* 4/30/19 More blood tests were done and showed that my HCG levels were rising but did not double up. Today I was at the doctor's office and was told after a second scan that my pregnancy is viable. This time we did see the fetal pole and the yolk sac. They think that the baby had stopped growing and had recommended I do a D&C tomorrow. They told me that I can also wait for the natural miscarriage. I asked if there was no chance at all that we could wait and maybe hear the heartbeat. He said absolutely no chance at all. I know what he said and I may sound like a crazy lady. But I do not want to be the one who will actively remove this baby. I really want to wait for my body to run it's course and naturally have a miscarriage. Yes, I have read several articles of misdiagnosis. So that has been part of my fear too. I will try to update this once this chapter of my life has concluded. is it sad that I'm still hoping for a miracle? I think we all wish that right?