Last updated: June 1, 2016
Winnie helps parents navigate the world with their children. We give you the information you need to play, travel, explore, or even just run errands with your kids.
What to do
- Help other parents
- Share stories and tips about the places you go with your kids to help other parents who visit those places.
- Be real
- We want to hear what it was really like. Feel free to share the good and the bad, the exciting and the mundane. Every outing with your kids is an accomplishment and we want to hear about it on Winnie!
What not to do
- Don’t post information you know to be incorrect
- We rely on our users to collect metadata and stories about places they visit. Please only post information you know to be correct based on your experience.
- Don’t publish people’s private information without their permission
- Do not publish private information about other people without their permission. This includes personally identifiable information about children without the permission of the child’s parent.
- Don’t spam or post irrelevant information
- We want the site to be useful to parents. Don’t post information on/about places that is not relevant or helpful to other parents. For example, Winnie isn’t the place for rants about a business’s employment practices, political ideologies, extraordinary circumstances, or other matters that don’t address the core of the consumer experience.
- Don’t abuse, threaten or bully people
- You won’t always agree with what other users say on Winnie. Don’t post threats of violence against others or promote violence against others. Don’t engage in targeted abuse or harassment, such as creating an account whose sole purpose is to post abusive messages. Basically, any content that delivers or encourages physical or psychological harm to another person is not allowed.
- Don’t post hate speech
- Hate speech has no place on Winnie. Don’t post hateful stories, use hateful language in your bio or use a hateful image as your avatar. We will remove it, and will most likely terminate your account. Hate speech includes content that directly attacks people based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity or serious disabilities or diseases.
- Don’t impersonate people
- Don’t impersonate others in a manner that misleads, confuses, or deceives others. We don’t want people to be confused about who is who. Don’t create any account for anyone other than yourself without such person’s permission. Don’t use a name that is the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person. Don’t use a name or account that is subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization. Don’t use a name that is offensive, vulgar or obscene or otherwise unlawful.