Careers at Winnie
Winnie is a San Francisco-based startup that is transforming parenting through technology. We're backed by an amazing group of early stage funds and angel investors, such as Homebrew, BBG Ventures, Ludlow Ventures and the #Angels.
We're not your typical tech company. Our results-oriented team includes some of the industry's most accomplished engineering, design and product talent, with experience at Google, Quora, Reddit, Twitter, & Postmates.
Listed below are the roles we're actively hiring for, but we are always looking for great people. If you are interested in working for Winnie, email your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content Specialist (San Francisco, CA)
At Winnie, our content is what makes the magic happen, from finding a local daycare with open spaces to getting timely parenting advice. To help us execute on our vision of connecting parents with the information they need, we’re hiring a Content Specialist for a full-time contract position in San Francisco. This is the perfect position for a motivated entry level candidate or someone looking to make a career transition into tech and some training will be provided on the job.
Your job will entail ongoing content quality and data entry work such as: verifying data, categorization and tagging of content, providing email support to our content partners, and lightweight community tasks such as moderation & monitoring.
- Pay range: $15-$20/hr
- Hours: 30-40 hrs/week
- Excellent written communication skills and reading comprehension
- Good online research skills such as searching Google or other websites
- Good computer skills and comfort using web-based applications like Gmail, Google Docs, etc
Winnie in the News
- App Time for Nap Time: The Parennials Are Here (The New York Times)
- An app that’s like Yelp! for parents on the go (Boston Globe)
- Winnie Helps Parents Find Family Friendly Places, Share Their Experiences (TechCrunch)
- Meet Winnie, the Startup That Will Change the Way You Parent (Inc.)
- Winnie Is Yelp For People With No Lives, Parents (Fast Company)
- Winnie Helps Parents Find Kid-Friendly Places and Activities (Lifehacker)
- Meet Winnie, the Social Networking App for Parents (Bloomberg)
- The 21 hottest women-founded startups to watch in 2017 (Business Insider)
- The Best New Apps to Try this Month (Marie Claire)
- These Founders Are Building a Startup That Isn’t All Hoodies and Long Hours (NYMag)
- Winnie CEO Sara Mauskopf on Her New Parenting App (Cheddar)
- Winnie: Helping Parents & Kids Explore the World Together (Homebrew)
- Parenting Hack of the Year (PopSugar)