Careers at Winnie
Winnie is a San Francisco-based startup that is transforming parenting through technology. We're backed by an amazing group of early stage funds and angel investors, such as Homebrew, BBG Ventures, Ludlow Ventures and the #Angels.
We're not your typical tech company. At Winnie you'll work on a results-oriented team with some of the industry's most accomplished engineering, design and product talent, with experience at Google, Quora, Reddit, Twitter, & Postmates. And as one of the first employees, you'll directly shape the direction of a rapidly evolving product that improves the lives of parents and children all over the world.
Listed below are the roles we're actively hiring for, but we are always looking for great people. If you are interested in working for Winnie, email your resumé to email@example.com.
Software Engineer, Backend (San Francisco, CA)
Information & data are at the core of what we do at Winnie. We're hiring a backend engineer to tackle some of the most challenging problems in local knowledge systems — building a reliable, canonical point of interest database, pulling together and sanitizing many disparate data sources, monitoring data quality, and designing processes to ensure that we have the best and most up-to-date directory of information parents need about their world.
- Aggregate many local and global data sources in a scalable, maintainable way
- Design and implement a system for monitoring of local data quality and issue reporting
- Build web-based internal tools to support curation and crowdsourcing
- Build new features, prototypes and enhancements for the API
- Expertise with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with full stack web technologies and creating web applications
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, or other databases
- Ability to evaluate and use many different technologies and tools to achieve business objectives efficiently and reliably
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with a team
- Highly creative problem solver
- We are offering a very generous equity package to our earliest employees as well as a competitive salary
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we are supportive of returners who have been out of the workforce/industry
- Health and dental coverage
- Vacation on the honor system; take the time off when you need it
Winnie in the News
- Winnie Helps Parents Find Family-Friendly Places, Share Their Experiences (TechCrunch)
- Meet Winnie, the Social Networking App for Parents (Bloomberg)
- Winnie Is Yelp For People With No Lives (Parents) (FastCoDesign)
- Winnie CEO Sara Mauskopf on Her New Parenting App (Cheddar)
- Winnie: Helping Parents & Kids Explore the World Together (Homebrew)